Sunday, February 27, 2011

My First Blog

Ive never had a blog before but some of my friends do. I really enjoy reading them and respect what they write.  So, I figured I may as well start one. It can also be a journal in a sort of way, considering I'm terrible at keeping one we will see how thins works out. 

I'm that kind of person that thinks a lot to themselves and never really talks to anyone about stuff.  It really helps having friends that are so close to you, that you can share anything with them. I am fortunate enough to have a handful of them. Although I have friends like that, I still don't share very much.  A reason for this may be that I had a some sort of rough childhood.

Not very many people know the whole story, but I have been very shy for the majority of my life.  I grew up in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.  I was home taught by my mom for the first three years of my schooling.  Then one year my mom decided that it would be easier on her to try to send on of the kids to public school. I cant remember if I volunteered or it if was a random draw of the straws but I was chosen.  This was the first time in my life where I had to make an effort to make friends.  I still remember a lot of experiences I had there. It probably helped that every student got an annual as well. To reflect on memories and such.  After that school year my mom was diagnosed with cancer.  She wasn't able to get treated in our little town of Creston so she had to be taken to Kelowna B.C.  She was there for about 9 months. My Dad wasn't finding any work that could sufficiently support us.  So he came down to the U.S. and had the opportunity to work and manage the Ace Hardware here in Ephrata.  So us kids, (there were 6 of us at this time) stuck in Creston were left in the hospitality of our moms best friend Darlaa Murphey.  My older brother being as stiff necked as he is, didnt get along with her at all.  Id always hear them yelling at eachother in the other room and then he would storm off into the bedroom slamming the door behind him.  I was 11 years old and i didnt really have any friends at school because I switched schools to a tiny little Indian Reservation school, (not by choice).  I couldnt talk to anyone because my younger siblings just seemed to oblivious to care what I would say and an older brother that could careless anything.   So because of this i think I just bundled it up inside.  

To fast forward we moved to Ephrata, Washington in the year 2003.  Switched schools again and at this point in a kids life its hard to make friends.  All the kids in the small town know each other, hang out at each others places and  have a good normal childhood.  I think its safe to say the first persons house I went to was the Mathers with my brother when I was a freshman.  The first friends house I stayed at overnight was Damon Chlarsons house when I was a senior.   So basically I had a very baseline relationship with any of my friends.  Im sure ive left out parts but im kindof a lonely kid.   18 years of life can take a toll on a kid, but all we can do is grow and learn from our experiences.    

My Senior year in high school I really did open up though,  and I'm so glad it happened because I'm pretty sure that it got me to where I am today.

But thats all for now.  Hopefully I can make thins blogging thing a habit. But maybe not this extensive.
Oh, and its rediculous to think Im turning 19 in five days.....  Im excited what this year will bring.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment