Monday, April 4, 2011

My Taste of Music

For some odd reason lately I have really been digging more remorseful music I guess.  The reflecting type of style.  For example Brandon Flowers and Counting Crows.  Now dont me wrong, Im not talking Emo, but self realization.  I go through phases a lot where I will listen to a band constantly non-stop, then I wont listen to them and listen to someone else non-stop, and do that over and over again, general in a circle so I guess Im due for a "The Format" phase.  Now I will still listen to other bands periodically but its not a hard phase.

My Favorite artists right now are (not in a particular order): Brandon Flowers, Ace Enders and a Million Different People,  The Format, Counting Crows, The Killers, Fun., and The Maine.  Now the genre range of these bands are pretty wide, but to me they are similar.  They really have something going on. And I like it. And to point out one song that is freaking good is Bittersweet symphony by Ace Enders, Aaron Marsh (Copeland), Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low), Bryce Avary (The Rocket Summer), Craig Owens (Chiodos, Cinematic Sunrise), Duane Okun (Socratic), Kenny Vasoli (The Starting Line, Person L), Matt Thiessen (Relient K), Mark Hoppus (Blink 182, +44).  Its a cover and I like it. A lot.


More recently though Brandon Flowers. Man this guy is such a good song writer.  At first I never thought the lyrics meant much it was just his way of saying what he had to say.  But being LDS helps so much to understand his lyrics due to him being LDS.  My favorite song being Only the Young, has so much meaning.  It blew my mind when I started making connections with the help of peoples reviews.  Some piecing together had to be done but its some great stuff.  Im not ambitious enough to post the lyrics on here and depict them all but id recommend looking into it.  Its way cool.   I just like how he talks about Redemption throughout the whole album. I thought it was pretty cool that I have been digging into this stuff lately and the past two days we have had General Conference and a few of the General Authorities talked about redemption and forgiveness. I dont know if its just me or its a little bit of a coincidence.

But im falling asleep due to lack of sleep these past few days. So thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment