Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Making The Most Of Things

Ive got a limited time at home left.  That means no more family and no more little kids running around and no more free food.  Times get tough but its all worth it.  Back to not having much time left at home has made me realize I should probably work towards a better relationship with those around me.  For the most part my family that is.  Now Ive had a rough streak with those Merchant girls. I suppose I just didnt understand them or didnt care to.  But the past few days with Ryan and Cassidy here and everyone sitting down and just hangin out its kinda fun to have late night conversations.  Everyone has something in common. I have definitely leaned that one the hard way.

Today Mandy was over and so was Milli.  Now Milli is a hard one to read.  Granted shes only 2, I want her to remember who I am. Maybe even that cool uncle.  She can almost say my name too, but in the past she hasnt liked me. By that I mean she runs when I go near her and she tries to ignore me the best she can.  But after today I think its changed.  Long story short we had a blast today even though we just played around the house. 

And then there is Dixie. She Cassidys second girl, shes about 3.  There really isnt anyone around her age, her older sister and Jaxon play games that either dont interest her or they are to difficult for her to grasp.  She has quite the imagination too.  So quite often you will find her playing with her little barbies by herself.  This afternoon I decided to sit down and play Rapunzel with her.  She was really excited and she even told me what I needed to say in my part being the prince.  I felt really unmanly playing with barbies and saving Rapunzel but I like to look at it on a different level.  It doesnt matter that I was playing with barbies. I was playing with my little niece that sometime is a pain in the butt, but truly a princess at heart. Its the small things that count and add up for us.   

I really like little kids and im excited to be a dad someday.  Its hard work but its work that will actually be worth it in the long run.  Little kids just have a special spirit about them.  They are all really special. 

Thats my softy rant for the night. 

2 comments:

  1. Little kids are definitely different. There seems to be a special spirit that watches over them. It feels like all the intense moments with kids is wiped away by the couple moments they are really sweet and funny. I definitely pride myself on my relationships with my nieces and nephews. The nephews are definitely the hardest. But it's hard to not include them in my life, those little rascals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah no kidding. Im the same. But round here all of the small kids are nieces haha and then theres Jaxon.

    ReplyDelete