Monday, March 28, 2011

Staying Up and Sleeping In

When we were all young we would do anything we could to stay up just to rebel against the rules.  as we got older we were allowed to stay up a little longer but we still didn't grasp why we had to sleep so long.  Then as we reached the teenager age we always stayed up and slept in as long as we can.

I remember when my uncle Sam was at my house when I was probably 8 or so. He was always taking a nap on the couch.  I didnt understand why.  Thats what babies through 2 year olds do because their bodies arent big enough to keep them awake for the normal amount of time.  But as I grew up I completely understood the phenomenon.  Teeneagers stay up to late and their bodies dont get enough sleep to support a growing body. 

To have a healthy sleep schedule an adult should sleep up to 9 and a half hours.  But as society has progressed that time has somehow decreased.  Maybe we are just adapting to not needing as much sleep. Now its like 8 hours.  These past weeks I have been getting 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night and somehow manage getting through the day with out too much lag.  But every once in a while I will have to luxury of not having anything to do in the morning and sleep in till noon or one.  Which I did today.  I figure its just my body trying to catch up on sleep.  And not getting too much sleep. Because that can be detrimental as well.

This will all of course change when I get back to school. Even though I wont have to be up till 930 every morning and only one class on friday.  And the last class at 3. On two days of the week.  Its going to be a shocker but its going to be a blast regardless. 

But that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment