Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Next Two Years

I was cleaning my room today and came across a book called What I Wish I'd Known Before My Mission by John Bytheway that my grandma had given me a month or so back.  In the beginning of the book he talked about the day of receiving your call.  And all the excitement and worries with it.  I really made me think about what it will be like for me.  I want it to be special but then again its only a letter from the office of the president of the church that will tell me where I'm going to be for the next two years so I guess its kind of important.

Just thinking about it I got butterflies in my stomach. But then I started questioning whether I am ready for it or not.  I'm sure there are people that are in a more desperate situation than myself, a motto I like to say to calm myself is "There is always someone that has it worse than I do".  It doesn't make me not worry about it but its just comforting that I'm not alone in this fight.  In a kinda-sorta way. 

I'm convinced that everything will work out and that I will do just fine but being a worrisome kinda person who thinks about what wouldn't work doesn't help.  Tomorrow I have my dentist appointment which will for the most part wrap up my papers which is the first step.

Its definitely going to be a story worth finding out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment